I recently spent three fabulous days among the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho. This last Sunday (Aug. 16) Susanna, Lisa, and I packed up the car and drove about 4 hours west. We set up camp at the Pettit Lake trailhead and spent the first night sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows. In the morning I said goodbye to Susanna and Lisa and hit the trail. From Pettit Lake I headed up towards Imogene Lake, about 10 miles or so away. About three years ago Susanna and I hiked the same trail up to Toxaway Lake; however, this time I headed north at the fork just before Toxaway Lake, and hiked past Edith Lake, over the pass, and was greeted by an incredible view of Imogene Lake. I camped on an island out in the middle western part of the lake. In the morning I packed up and headed back. When I got back to the trailhead I discovered Susanna and Lisa swimming near the shore. I happily joined them and cooled off before heading back home. While I enjoyed my solo adventure, I am looking forward to next year after Lyra is born when Susanna can go hiking with me once again.

The trail I traveled is marked in red
Susanna and Lisa having an early breakfast with me before I hit the trail
Imogene Lake
View of Imogene Lake near camp
1 comment:
I am SO lucky to have such an adventurous (and hot!) husband who loves to explore wilderness with me. I'm so glad we did this trip. Here's to many more years of fun together!
Post a Comment