Sunday, June 29, 2008

Birthday Adventure

For my birthday this year, I asked Susanna if she would go on an overnight backpacking trip with me up to Moose Lake. The trailhead for Moose Lake is just outside of Victor, ID. And the trail follows Moose Creek to its source at the lake. We set up camp at Moose meadows, which is about 4.5 miles from the trailhead. The creek was quite full, and the falls just above moose meadows were beautiful. I’ve hiked this trail a few times before and this is the most water I’ve ever seen running through the creek.

After setting up camp we set out for a day hike up to the lake. The lake is about 10 miles from the trailhead, at an elevation of about 9,500 ft. We expected to run into some snow on the trail, so we brought trekking poles to help us climb the slope just before the lake. Actually, there was quite a bit of snow on the trail above the falls. In fact, there was way more than we expected. When we finally arrived at the lake, we were surprised to find that a good potion of it was still frozen over. It was quite an adventure, and I’ve included some pictures of the trip.






1 comment:

FUN KIDS HOUSE said...

The picture you took is so beautiful!It so far for me to be there,but i enjoy to seing all the photo! Very Nice!!!